The kitchen is one of the few places in our home where the fire, water and air elements are constantly at work. Vasthu Shastra becomes even more important for a kitchen as it prescribes ways to balance the energies and to turn your kitchen into a source of positivity. In our day-to-day life, we need all the positivity we can find!
The ancient principles of Vasthu Shastra are a perfect union of science and traditional knowledge. Some Vasthu tips require planning or structural changes. But we have rounded a few easy-to-follow tips to optimize your present kitchen.
- Paint a focal wall of your kitchen in “positive” colours of light green, or warm colour shades of yellow/ orange or brown. Another non-obtrusive way to add colour would be by painting the ceiling.
- The cabinets or backsplash can also have one of these warm colours. These you get decorative and easy to apply vinyl stickers that can add the right amount of colour and sophistication to plain backsplashes.
- Keep the North-East portion of the kitchen empty, clean and clutter free.
- Try to store food grains and pulses in the southern and western directions of the kitchen area. This food placement makes sense in terms of accessibility too since according to Vasthu principles a cooking stove is placed in the south-east corner.
- Dripping taps are considered to produce negative energy. It makes sense from a conservation standpoint too to repair leaky taps.
- Having Tulsi or Basil plant in the house or balcony is considered good as it purifies the air. It’s ideal to keep it near the kitchen window ledge or in the North-east or South-west direction within the room.
(Read more about other tips and tricks to optimize other rooms in your apartment.)
Many apartments nowadays adhere to the Vasthu principles, as it is believed to increase the saleability of the apartment.If you would like to know more about Vasthu-friendly and ready to move in spacious apartment in Bangalore, just click here!